Monday, March 30, 2009

Snow and body aches...

Okay, first off there should never be snow on the ground in the end of March, certainly not after have 2 weeks of 50 degree days. Aside from the snow, last night was a rough run. See I noticed something recently. In high school and college when I ran, the next day I would be sore. My muscles would be killing me. But now the next day I am still sore, but it is the joints far more then the muscles. My knees feel like they are gonna give out, and my heel....yes my heel.

So I was about 6 months into Karate when I started Kickboxing. Funny thing about kickboxing, while it is a phenomenal workout, every time I do it the next day my heel hurts really badly. Initially I thought that my foot was not used to the exercise and that it would lesson in time. I wasn't concerned about over-working it because I only do the kickboxing a couple times a week. But here I am 6 months later and I still have this pain, every time, like clockwork the day after kickboxing.

So I ran on it anyway, funny thing about that though. When I exercise, none of these pains bother me in the slightest....then a half-hour after I am done they all start to attack. Now, my knees, not sure about that one, but I am pretty sure I will be seeing a podiatrist within the next month or so about my heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment