Friday, March 6, 2009

The first run...

Today was my first run on this road! Not only my first run toward the marathon, but my first serious run in many years, and moreso, my first run in many years being a non-smoker.

My goal was to simply job for about 20 minutes. However once I got going, I felt great. I kept going until I really started to feel tired. Surprisingly I ended up running nearly double what I expected. It was really incredible to run and then not have this burning pain in my chest. I was tired, no doubt about that, but I could breath! That was an awesome feeling. It was in this run that my thought about the marathon went from something I want to do to something I CAN do!

For listening I put on the Bad Religion ablum New Maps of Hell. I found that album to be perfect. For me it is one of those albums that I can escape within. During the run that is exactly what I did, I was enjoying the music and for moments forget about the fact that I was actualy running at the same time.

1 run down.....many to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment