Thursday, March 5, 2009

It Begins!

So, in order to move forward to the 2011 Disney Marathon, we must first move backwards and I need to give you my background.

So for the record, I am a 31 year old and today I begin the long road to the marathon. This all started as I am first a Disney fanatic. Up until about a month ago, I have also been a smoke for the past 13 years. Upon quitting smoking, I found myself in dire need of something to do. I thought of running as it would help me leave cigarettes behind. Running and smoking do not mix to well. And running seemed logical as I once was a very accomplished runner. I ran Cross Country and track all through high school and through my first 2 years of college.

Now I am simply an overweight, middle-aged, suburban guy. I will be using this blog to log all of my workouts. As I start out, I will not be running everyday, or even knowing exactly how far I am running, I am simply trying to run.

In addition to running, for the past year I have been a karate student. My goal right now is to run on the days I am not doing Karate or Kickboxing. However I hope that as time progresses I will be able to run on those days as well. So that is it, a change in life with some lofty goals to keep myself on track.

As far as why a marathon, and even more specifically why the Disney marathon? Well as I mentioned before I am a Disney fanatic. I really have never had much aspiration to running a marathon at all. However after listening to some podcasts covering the Disney marathon, I found myself saying, yeah this is what I want to do. So I gave myself a little less then 2 years to do it and here we are.

So with that, I begin the road to the 2011 Disney Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment