Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Have I quit?

Okay, if you have been following this you may have noticed that my run logs have not been updated in quite some time. However, this is not due to my lack of running.

To be honest my running frequency has decreased because of my foot trouble, however tomorrow I will be getting my feet cast for my orthotics, but I will also be getting another wrap job done so I will once again be able to run pain free. However, I have been running!

So if I am running then why are my logs not updated? Well, you must first understand that I am exceedingly cheap (thanx to my wife's 9 years of training me) and the last thing I will do is spend money that I do not need to. A week ago, I made the unfortunate mistake of leaving my bag on the train while on my way home from work. This story is a very long drawn out one that I am not going to go into here. All you need to know is that in that bag was my only iPod cable. Without that cable I cannot sync my iPod to Nike with my runs. I have been using my Nike data to then also carry over to my running ahead log.

Now I have not gone out and bought a new cable simply because I am told by the train lost and found that there is still a slight bit of hope that I may see my bag again. So until my bag is returned or that bit of hope is taken away I will not be syncing any of my runs.

So with that, Happy running, and have a very Disney day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pipes. This is Allan from the "Running with the Pack" podcast. PT wrote to us a while ago and mentioned that you guys were training for the 2011 Disney Marathon. There is a chance that Jeff and I will be running it as well. In any case, I wanted to give you guys a little support. I hope you are able to do the marathon. It's a great experience and the Disney Marathon is on Runner's World's list of the 10 most fun marathons.

    ReplyDelete